Adventures in Publishing

It's been quite some time since I've posted on my blog. Truthfully there wasn't much to say. However, since my last post I've written a young adult book entitled Invisible and have almost completed my first novel Dark Angel. I'd put Dark Angel aside because Invisible was bursting to be born. And now, I'm thrilled to announce Invisible will soon be published by Solstice Publishing. For all those who are interested, I'd like to take you along on my journey to publication.

Invisible is the story of seventeen-year-old, Lola Savullo. Lola's not only freakishly tall, she's a BIG girl and when forced to wear a bathing suit at her summer job as a camp counsellor, she literally wishes herself invisible. Lola struggles with her newfound super power and realizes it isn't about to go away until she finds a way to love herself.

I began writing Invisible in October of 2010 and was finished four months later. This is certainly a record as I've been working on Dark Angel for two years and it's still not done. When the story was as polished as possible I began my search for an agent. Finding an agent is harder than finding a publisher. Although I had many agents request partials and fulls, and even found one willing to give me some personal feedback and an open invitation to send in future manuscripts, I gave up on agents after a few months of looking.

Enter the publisher. Solstice was at the very top of my list and I was fortunate enough to be offered a publishing contract soon after I submitted my manuscript. I signed the contract on June 3, 2011 and am now waiting to be assigned an editor. So far I am very impressed with Solstice's level of professionalism and personal attention.

I'll be back to document my experiences when more stuff happens :) Hope you'll come along for the ride.

Comments

  1. Congrats on that! Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joy. I'd love to post an interview with you. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal