Five questions with DelSheree Gladden




On February 2nd, Valentines Pets and Kisses, a boxed set of sweet romances will be released. As part of our campaign, we, the authors, thought it would be a nice idea to give readers a chance to get to know a little bit about us. So here we go.
Today, I'm happy to welcome DelSheree Gladden.

Five questions with DelSheree Gladden:


(1)        If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Even though I have many favorite authors, this is an easy choice for me. Jim Butcher. Aside from the fact that I adore his books, I really respect his skill and creativity. He puts a new spin on just about everything you think you know about a creature, myth, or genre. I just about died when I got to meet him, and I don’t know if I’d survive actually sitting down to talk about writing because I might explode with excitement, but it would totally be worth the risk!

(2)        What was your favourite scene in the novel, if you have one?

I had so much fun writing this it’s tough to choose, but I’m going to go with Greenly getting dragged through Roman’s front yard by a rather large puppy where she knocks her head into some decorative stone edging and has to be rescued by Roman, which leads to him washing her hair… to get the blood, gum, peanut butter, and antiseptic ointment of her hair. A lot has happened already up this point. Clearly.

(3)        Give us five random facts about you.

I love random facts, so here we go. Turtlenecks make me claustrophobic. I can’t stand wearing socks to bed. I love kettle corn. I lose things all the time. I am allergic to grass, and pretty much the whole state of New Mexico, but I love it here anyway.

(4)        When you were writing your novel, did you encounter any major stumbling blocks along the way?

Yes. Coming up with an idea. All I had was gum. I knew I needed to start with gum, but had no clue how to use it. My friend Serene Heiner was the one to suggest I use my random gum idea by having my main character’s four-year-old nephew accidentally spit his gum in her hair. And I ran with it from gum in her hair to one disaster after another! I totally owe Serene!

(5)        What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to be outdoors with my family. We love to camp and hike, go see ruins, snowshoe, bike, and go running. We bought a canoe over the summer and are learning to paddle around the lake as well. Next winter we want to take up cross country skiing.


Readers can find DelSheree online at: 


 


Purchase links for Valentines Pets and Kisses:

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Barnes & Noble Nook
Apple iBooks
Google Play
Kobo Books

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal