Five questions with Jade Kerrion
On February 2nd, Valentines Pets and Kisses, a boxed set of sweet romances will be released. As part of our campaign, we, the authors, thought it would be a nice idea to give readers a chance to get to know a little bit about us. So here we go.
Purchase links for Valentines Pets and Kisses:Amazon US
Barnes & Noble Nook
Five questions with Jade Kerrion
(1) In a nutshell, what is INFLAMED about?
INFLAMED, the 9th book in the Life Shocks Romances series, tells the story of Debra, a single mother struggling to make ends meet when she meets Sean, a good-hearted man with a penchant for helping others. His kindness helps her turn her life around, but when she falls in love with him, she comes to the awful realization that she may be nothing more than his good deed for the month. Will Sean ever figure out the difference between his instinctive compassion for others and true love?
(2) What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned on your journey to publication?
I’ve been published for three years, and in that time, I’ve learned that it’s not about the number of awards won or bestsellers achieved. In the end, what gets me up early in the morning to write are the people who tell me they’ve enjoyed reading my books. I write for my readers and for my fans. I love telling stories, and they love my stories. It’s a wonderful partnership. One wouldn’t exist without the other.
(3) What do you like to do when you're not writing?
When I’m not writing, I’m busy living the rest of my life! In addition to parenting three home-schooled boys (ranging from two years to nine years old), I have a full-time corporate America job. I’m also active in local writers’ groups and am the Executive Vice President of the Florida Writers Association (FWA) where I run its bi-monthly webinar program.
(4) Give us five random facts about you.
· I love dancing! I grew up dancing ballet, switched to modern dance in college, and then started salsa while in business school. In fact, it’s how I met my husband. We were both at business school, and he held a salsa class.
· In addition to contemporary romance, I write science fiction and fantasy, and have won many awards for my novels. You can check out my work on my website: http://www.jadekerrion.com
· I absolutely positively HATE the cold. I’m busting out the sweaters in the low 70s—which is why I live in warm, sunny Fort Lauderdale
· I have particular weaknesses for notebooks (goes well with being an author) and handbags (no excuse, other than being female)
· I hate exercise. *sigh*
(5) What’s next for you?
I have four Life Shocks Romances novellas coming out this year, and I’m looking forward to them. One of them, KINDLED, may be my new favourite. I’m also working on a science fiction trilogy—an expansion on my award-winning DOUBLE HELIX series. This trilogy focuses on Galahad—the genetically engineered perfect human—or is he?
Thanks so much for having me featured on your blog. I really appreciate it and am grateful for the opportunity to chat with your fans and readers.
If you’re interested in knowing more about my futuristic thriller books or my contemporary romance novellas, you can find me at http://www.jadekerrion.com