Okay, here's the plan

 
 
It's nearly the end of January and I haven't yet abandoned my new year's resolutions. I'm still exercising and watching what I eat and I'm writing more. So, good for me. However, my weight hasn't changed much and this is frustrating. But, I think I may have found a diet that's not really a diet. It's the Paleo Diet or, as it's better known, the Caveman Diet. The idea behind this way of eating is to eat as our ancestors did and by ancestors I don't mean grandma and grandpa. I mean our ancestors from waaaay back - cavemen and women.
 
Apparently, our bodies haven't changed all that much from the way they were way back when. And since farming/agriculture didn't exist in the days of the caveman as it does now, our bodies aren't used to grains and other simple carbohydrates, thus, we have a hard time digesting them. Most of the energy from these foods are unfortunately stored as fat. The Paleo diet consists of eating mainly fish, fowl and meat along with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Nuts and seeds are also allowed. As for dairy, from what I've read, some suggest staying away while others say it's okay in moderation. I think I'll keep the dairy for now.
 
This diet seems like a good fit for me because I have an intolerance to gluten and stay away from bread (for the most part). Today is my first day on the diet and so far, so good. I had peameal bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and then some roast beef and veggies for lunch. In between I snacked on a handful of trail mix. I'm not at all hungry and have lots of energy. I even managed a mid-morning workout which I never do because I'm always sluggish in the morning.
 
I'll keep everyone posted on how the diet goes. I just want to try it for 30 days. If there's anyone out there whose had experience with this diet, please let me know how it worked for you.
 
Until we meet again...Jeanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal